Notice - Online Sheriff Sales
Beginning on August 22nd, 2022 the Adams County Sheriff's Office will conduct the sale of all real estate subject to foreclosure on the "Official Public
Sheriff's Sale Website" which is operated by Realauction base on a contract with the Ohio Department of Administrative Services. The process and procedures under which these
sales will be completed are detailed at the Realauction website https://adams.sheriffsaleauction.ohio.gov.
All prospective bidders should familiarize themselves with this new process.
In general, the following key points are noted:
- All person(s) who want to bid on a property offered by the Adams County Sheriff's Office must register with Realauction. Registration will include completion of
the Purchaser Information Form.
- Properties will be open for bid, at least seven days immediately prior to the date of sale. This is generally known as a proxy bid.
- Each Monday at 10:00am Eastern Time (EST), the online auction will begin. Auction will be conducted for each individual property; however only one property will be
sold at a time. After a property is sold, the next scheduled property sale will begin.
- To be a qualified participant, bidders must submit a deposit based on total deposit requirement ($2,000/$5,000/$10,000 set by law) for all properties on which the bidder
wishes to bid by the predefined deadlines. The only acceptable deposit types are bank wire transfer of ACH, no cash deposits will be accepted. All Wire Deposits must be
received by 5pm EST, two (2) business days before the auction sale date. It is the responsibility of the bidder to plan ahead and allow enough time for their bidding
deposits to be received and processed within the timeframes described above.
- Plaintiff/Judgment Creditors - A Judgement Creditor is defined as the creditors (plaintiff or defendants) who are awarded judgment in the foreclosure case. Judgment
Creditors are required to register for a Username and Password and fill in all appropriate fields. Per Ohio Revised Code 2329.211, in every action of Judicial Sale or
Execution of residential property, of the Judgment Creditor is the purchaser, they shall not be required to make a deposit on the sale. However, Judgment Creditors are
required to submit the bidding choice (pre-sale manage bid or live bid) AND a copy of the court order stating they are the Judgment Creditor on the case they are bidding
to Realauction Customer Service (email@example.com) at least one (1) business day prior to the sale date.
Submission can be done via email or fax. Submission must include bidder number and user account contact first and last name in the submission. For more information and
training on requirements to participate in the online auctions as a Plaintiff/Judgment Creditor, please call (877) 361-7325 Ext. 245 or 246.
NOTE: Tax sales, Tax Lien Certificate Sales and Probate Sales will continue to be sold on location until further notice at
Realauction will conduct webinar training classes. Training classes will be help via the Internet on a regular schedule. These webinar classes generally last 90 minutes and
specifically cover the use of the software. Attendance is by registration only.
For additional information or to register for a webinar, please contact the Realauction Customer Service at (954) 734-7401 or toll free at (877) 361-7325. Customer
Service can also be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.